All patient visits begin with a comprehensive evaluation that includes a thorough review of your health history and an oral evaluation using several diagnostic tests that will help us determine your treatment options. Your time is valuable and we strive to complete your treatment in one visit. However, we will never compromise quality of care, and occasionally cases will require a second appointment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary information. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims. Please give us your insurance information at the time of scheduling your appointment.
- Photo Identification
- Your referral slip and X-rays if applicable.
- A list of ALL medications you are presently taking.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other prosthesis, please make sure you are taking the appropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment. (not necessary for consult appointments) If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
DO NOT TAKE any pain medications after midnight the night before your appointment. This can make diagnosis difficult.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all visits.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to your treatment such as:
- High blood pressure
- Artificial heart valves and joints
- If you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, anticoagulant therapy, Biophosphonate medications etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e. antibiotics, for pre-med.)